Home > Method, Monitoring, Observations, Software > Blog rank monitoring – 1st week results – tier3

Blog rank monitoring – 1st week results – tier3

This is the first week monitoring blogs’ progress using Technorati.

For full explanation about this mini-project see: Blog Rank Monitoring – prototype

Blogs in tier 3 are at the bottom of the pack (higher in rank and lower in authority). Yet, these are the one to watch for promising upcoming great bloggers.

Here are the movers in tier3 for the week between 2/12/08-2/16/08 (this first one is a short monitoring week) .

Name category sub-category
rank
change
authority change
The Cheap Revolution Business Entrepreneurship 1809 1
PR Meets Marketing Business Marketing 9005 4
My Mom’s Blog by Thoroughly Modern Millie Personal Misc -17272 -9
Social Honeycomb Personal Misc 3554 1
Out of My Head Personal Misc -23221 -4
Doug Haslam Business Marketing 341093 4
Adventures in social software/media, sustainability, and life Personal Misc 785169 1

The rest of the blogs in tier3 had no change.

As you can see the categories and sub-categories needs some work. Please feel free to correct me using comments.

The biggest mover down in this week was the My Mom’s Blog by Thoroughly Modern Millie blog. It started in tier2 (rank between 10,000-99,999)and moved down to tier3(rank >=100,000).

Big move up are common in this tier but we can see next week if the trend continue for some of this week gainer.

One more view of this week results: Tier3-HeatMap

I will be happy to hear if you have suggestions or comments.

About these ads
  1. February 17, 2008 at 3:51 pm

Very cool to see Social Honeycomb on your list in the context of “promising upcoming great bloggers.” Hope I live up to that description! :D

2. February 17, 2008 at 4:31 pm

Si Mon. Amanda & Social Honeycomb are on the move! :D

Hey Keren! :D

3. Keren Dagan
    February 17, 2008 at 5:53 pm

Amanda,

I realy liked your Meme Killer post: http://socialhoneycomb.com/8randomthings.
    Keep writing and keep it origin as you did so far.

Keren

4. February 17, 2008 at 7:27 pm

Man, Keren! What a drag seeing my blog fall so far so fast. Uh…except I have no idea what this really means since my blog is so eclectic and I post only when I feel the urge. So I will simply think that I was accidentally way too high the week before and now am settling to a more comfortable spot. (-;

Thanks for the acknowledgment and the entertainment. All the best with your cool project.

Ronnie Ann

5. Keren Dagan
    February 17, 2008 at 8:12 pm

Hi Ronnie,

I like your blog and this is why it is on my list.
    I feel bad for every blog that goes down in rank.
    Your questions “what does it realty means?” is a valid question and I don’t have the answer. I do plan on looking for a longer term results hopefully using more sources of information than Technorati.

Keren

6. February 17, 2008 at 10:16 pm

Keren

Thanks for linking to me — I guess the “what it means” question is always the hardest to answer. I’m curious to see where this all– where we all– ends up.

Doug

7. February 17, 2008 at 10:32 pm

I am honored by your words. Look forward to seeing what you come up with. I love stuff like this! Thanks, Keren,

8. Keren Dagan
    February 18, 2008 at 4:11 am

@Doug,
    Some say that “there is no cheese in the end of the maze, the maze is made of cheese”, so let’s take a bite:). I think that it means that we should enjoy the ride. Now, on a more practical matter, I’m a number person, and over time the quality of our work should be reflected by quantified measures.
    Keren

9. February 25, 2008 at 7:18 pm

Keren,

What a great idea! I remember looking for tools to track something like this but I couldn’t find anything. I’m happy to see we made it on your list. This is going to be a great motivator in getting more of our content published.

Thanks!

Yasmine

10. Keren Dagan
    February 26, 2008 at 1:44 am

Hi Yasmine,
    Thank you. Wouldn’t it be great to know where to start marketing your blog, idea, product online in the sea of streaming content? How to not waste time and energy in the wrong places?
    Keren