I had a great time at Podcamp4 Boston yesterday but I left it with some sense of urgency. I can’t write now a long post explaining each point in detail because I’m running out of time leaving for my vacation so for now I will leave these points short and simple for you to think about.
Urgency for what?
- To start branding yourself today in order to mitigate near future economical and social changes.
- To get into social networks now while you still have access to business leaders, and influencers before they shut you off.
- To collect data that may not be there tomorrow:
- Network data – your contacts database
- Conversation – targeted conversational data (taged)
- Brand related – what people are saying about you, your company, and product
Self branding – with population growing old and poor you need to take care of your future career now before it is too late. Read about self branding here.
Access – you can still chat and build relationships with CEOs and influencers on Twitter and Facebook. Yet, I do see examples of people stepping back from this open fall all policy.
- Depth of data – I built few tools for searching Twitter using Twitter Search API and I keep seeing the guys at Twitter shortening the duration that you can query back for (less than two weeks back).
- Another thing is that you don’t want to become too dependent on digital network as the only way to access your contacts. What if it is down for a day or two (or more)?
There is no better time than now to start participating. Your thoughts?
I registered today to the Boston Podcamp4 event that is scheduled for August 8-9, 2009.
This is my first Podcamp, and I’m very much looking forward to hear and see some of the social media protagonists that I followed only on social media channels till now.
Here are some of the speakers, and organizers:
Are you going? Do you have any suggestion for making more out of this event?
See you there.
- “@verge: Microsoft reportedly announcing Minecraft acquisition on Monday theverge.com/e/5908400 http://t.co/WbBavBGiyG” is this a prank? 1 week ago
- American sake from main, anyone? kickstarter.com/projects/94847… 1 week ago
- Can't believe this is happening for real betaboston.com/news/2014/09/1… #EbolaOutbreak 1 week ago
|Social-Media News |… on Social media role in deliverin…|
|julia on How to map your SaaS sales…|
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- August 2012
- June 2012
- April 2012
- December 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007