Home > Monitoring, Observations, Software > Would you choose to develop for Microsoft platform these days?
Would you choose to develop for Microsoft platform these days?
- Great tools and documentations
- Shorter learning curve
- Single vendor – not too many moving parts (helps to get things done quickly)
- IE < 50%
- Laptop Sales Sapped by Tablet Frenzy- Tablet computers don’t come with Windows – they come with Google Android or Apple iOS.
- M&A activity – 0 by Microsoft this year- large non Microsoft platform friendly technology companies buys smaller ones. But there is hope – Adobe deal?
- Lots of apps dev activities on Android and Apple phones
- Most Smartphones don’t come with Windows Mobile
Undetermined: The push to the Cloud – Microsoft is there among others.
- I’ve been working on both platforms: Microsoft and J2EE. At some point, it was easier to choose Microsoft over other platform stacks, yet the market as it looks now raises big concerns about the destiny of Windows, IE and .NET.
- Is it an end of an era? Your thoughts?