Market numbers for 2011 and a little beyond
Here are some numbers I gathered from the web for 2011 and also some predictions for the near future.
- World population reached seven billion in 2011 – 1.3 in China – In 2000, the middle class in China stood at 120 million. In 2009, it almost doubled to 230 million. In 2010, the number of urban employees reached 320 million.
- In 2011, the first members of the Baby Boomers reached age 65. And the Baby Boomers decreased to 25 percent of the total population. The last of the Baby-Boomers population will reach age 65 in the year 2029. By that time, the Baby-Boomers population is projected to be only about 16 percent of the total population.
- Worldwide mobile connections will reach 5.6 billion in 2011
- Online ad spending 52 Billion in 2011
- Social Network Ad Spend will Reach $6 billion worldwide in 2011 ($5.54 billion in other source) – $10 billion by 2013
- Social CRM Market will reach $1B in revenue by 2012 – up from approximately $625 million in 2010. Worldwide social CRM is projected to total $820 million in 2011.
- Facebook Inc. will generate $4.27 billion in revenue this year, more than double the $2 billion made in 2010
- Twitter Ad Revenue to Reach $139.5M in 2011 – really?
- Virtual Goods Market will reach $2.9 billion by 2012. This is an increase from 2011’s $2.2 billion and 2010’s $1.6 billion.
- Mobile commerce sales will reach a total of $6.7 billion this year
- 2011 global market size of LED lights will reach 1.2 billion U.S. dollars
- The online game market size in China – $5.8 billion for 2011
- The number of TV sets connected to the Internet will reach 551 million by 2016, up from 124 million at end-2010.
- Apple – App Store(mid year data)
- 425,000 apps
- 15 billion downloads
- $2.5 billion paid out to developers
Happy new year!
I’m not responsible for any of the predictions in this post.